LATEST THINKING & RESOURCES
We are firm believers that the best way to ensure we are always offering the best solutions is to participate in the give and take of insight relative to new technologies, applications, processes, and customer requirements in enterprise mobility. So, here we offer you content that we hope you will find valuable.
SMARTER MOBILITY BLOG
…updates coming soon…
MOBILE VoIP COMMUNICATIONS FOR ENTERPRISE CLASS MOBILE DEVICES ON WIRELESS NETWORKS
The Softphone client defines the next generation in mobility communications. Our Softphone client allows users to speak and move throughout a healthcare facility untethered. The nurse, clinician or the doctor can carry one secure device to address any number of daily processes, including electronic healthcare records (EHRs), hospital systems, appointment, scheduling, alarm management, nurse call, and specimen collection. At the same time, they can browse the web, engage applications and access full unified messaging capabilities
The softphone is designed for the Cisco IP Telephony environment and runs on the latest Android devices.
The Softphone provides real-time voice communications on WiFi-enabled Enterprise Class Devices. It can stand-alone or be used as a mobility adjunct supporting shared line appearances from hard-phone based extensions. Finally, special support for the Honeywell CT50, D75e and Zebra MC40/TC70 devices has been implemented.
- Supports Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x 8.x, 9.x, 10.x
- Supports Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) 4.x, 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x
- Supported Protocols – DHCP Option 150 to auto load, TFTP, HTTP, SCCP
- Supported Codecs – G.711a/u, G.729AB, G722, iLBC
- Acoustical Echo Cancellation
- Multi Line/Multi Call
For a copy of the VTGO for Android Data Sheet, click here.
SUPPLYHOUSE.COM RELIES ON PROCENSIS FOR NEW WAREHOUSE LAN/WLAN NETWORK
SupplyHouse.com is a fast-growing, online provider of plumbing, heating and HVAC supplies. Since the start of SupplyHouse.com in 2003, the company – soon-to-be headquartered in Melville, NY — has focused on e-commerce and led the industry with other innovations in order to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. Navigating the company’s website with its helpful online videos, customer help links, and an easy-to-use ordering process proves the point.
A big part of SupplyHouse’s commitment to providing the best customer experience is maintaining an extensive inventory of over 30,000 separate items and employing cutting-edge systems that ensure fast, on-time delivery. Their warehouses include a 100,000 square-foot square facility in Columbus, OH, and more recently, a second, 150,000 square foot warehouse in Cranbury, NJ.
New Warehouse Brings Networking Challenge
According to Fernando Cunha, Chief Operating Officer, the process of opening the new, expansive warehouse required careful consideration of the network: “Because customer experience is our company’s stock in trade, the network has to fully support the corporate goal of providing the best customer experience. Systems must be fast, redundant and reliable.”
“Based on our previous experience with Procensis in which its team was both responsive and effective in resolving an RF equipment issue at our Columbus warehouse, we asked them to submit a proposal for designing and installing the network for our new warehouse,” explains Mr. Cunha.
“In this case, they had a clean slate with an empty, but very large warehouse. We wanted to be sure that, despite its size, there would be no communication problems for our order pickers’ RF scanners and other wireless devices anywhere in the building.”
For a copy of the complete case study,click here.
Procensis Dorman Products Zebra Ivanti Speakeasy Solution
Healthcare Mobile Device Convergence
MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT (MDM) COMPARISON – OCTOBER 2016
Mobile Device Management Solutions
In this document, we have taken summaries from Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management Suites and have added comments based on our practical experience. Full feature comparisons for Mobile Device Management (MDM) systems are widely available from multiple sources and are not part of this document.
Strengths and weaknesses noted below come from the Gartner report.
Procensis engineers have years of practical experience with mobile device management platforms and with most brands of mobile devices.
Our commentary in this report is informed by the following:
1. Our direct experience installing and managing large MDM environments (multi- thousand devices) with all three of the packages referenced in this document. Some have been cloud installations, and others have been on-premise.
2. We consult during both the selection and implementation of mobile devices and MDM solutions, and we use the MDM products on behalf of our clients.
3. Every solution we recommend, we support. Our many years of experience across multiple platforms leads us to recommend the MDM approach and platform that meets or exceeds our client’s requirements with the least amount of risk and highest level of service available.
4. With every mobile device deployment, our engineers use their strong relationship with the manufactures to developed and streamlined device “Golden Images” that simplify staging, provisioning, and small- to large-scale deployments. This intimate knowledge of the inner workings of devices and their associated operating systems has allowed us to provide seamless out-of-the box functionality for our clients.
For a PDF copy of the complete white paper, click here.